This place has fallen into the dead zone again, I'm afraid. It's hard to find others that are into these series or get back into contact with someone who was. I've probably burnt out all resources in searching for more information, and yet things are still so incomplete! It's still kind of hard to figure out the timeline for Barjona too.
I've been thinking of starting a livejournal community for Kitayume, but I'm doubting if it will take off. For now, I guess I've found some things. Too tired to see if I posted them before, will delete "duplicate" links later when I have time to see if I posted some of these already:
- Miyako and Rinko in winter girls' uniforms, Side-b Kitayume archive
- First page is broken, second page of some comic related to the Barjona game with Yamato?
- Third page
- Part 5 with Erika, fourth is broken
- Kitakou/Barjona crossover? All images save for the ones on 3 work
- Page 1 is missing, there's a page 3 that works with this
- http://web.archive.org/web/20041123040451/side-b.jp/himaruya/ht3.gif Page 3]
- Catgirl story, ages 4 and 6 have broken images
- Saw this on the scrapped comics page in last dump, but still interesting. It seems this was a page to a Noto/Suzuka story that was never completed. Early signs of Himaruya scrapping stories in the middle of progress?
- Iyuta sprites
- What's this?
- Old Kitayume logo!
- Koedo from one of the games. Her hair looks more brown here
- Komachi face
- Character poll. Noto ranked 3rd
- He ranks #4 here
- He ranked 6th here
- Unfinished Noto and Toyama comic of some sort, page 1 of 2
- Wakasa, Noto, and Toyama as kids
- Tira laughing
- Wakasa sprite
- Erika from a Barjona comic that went mostly lost and unarchived
- Another page of the comic
- A page on Yokohama, featuring Hinaji
- Yokohama story
Screencaps from KitaPure game:
Screencaps from Barjona:
- Barjona guys group shot
- The start of blond Homare?
- Yamato and Nacchan
- Other pic of them
As far as deleted/missing comic filenames go, there is a a "c" series going from "c-1" to "c-9", along with "AKE1" to "AKE4". The fantasy Kitakou comic (of which only "f2" survives) was four pages. It's unfortunate the Web Archive only crawled through some of Side-B AFTER it expired, though. "gaki" (the story with Noto and Toyama as kids) was at least 9 pages, Archive only saved 6 of them from 2004.
It looks like Himaruya used to have a lot of pages where he'd post up people's fanart too. It's interesting to see what kind of art people made for him!